Pharmacy Compliance and AuditingExpertise you can trust
At PharmaConsult compliance is our priority. Our services ensure your pharmacy or health care service complies with regulatory requirements, thereby protecting your patients, reputation and preventing negative regulatory consequences.
Audits can also be provided as part of regulatory processes to demonstrate improvement or when required due to imposed conditions.
- Pre-audit preparation documents
- A half day onsite audit based on the PSI inspection model and regulatory requirements
- Verbal feedback at end of audit
- A detailed written report summarising the audit findings, their regulatory/practice basis and recommended improvements
- Follow up call to address questions and discuss the report
Detailed Audit: The standard audit, plus:
- Audit of specific areas, such as prescription and error management, in more detail, and/or
- Audit of additional areas, for example the areas reviewed by the PSI at new opening inspections, and/or
- Audit of areas that the HSE review, and/or
- Detailed review of specific services or documents, for example residential care home services or SOPs
- This service can be adapted to your needs and is discussed in advance
Specific Audit: Modified version of the standard or detailed audit:
- Audit of a specific practices, services or documents, for example controlled drug management, vaccination services or SOPs
Modifications and additions to the audit packages are available on request, including:
- Modifications for specific settings, for example hospital pharmacies
- A new pharmacy opening or relocation audit
- An extended audit, which reviews all areas of pharmacy practice in detail
- Auditing additional areas, such as testing or automated dose dispensing services
- Review of the pharmacy assessment system
- Additional advice, for example on how to effectively implement the audit report recommendations
- An overarching report, for example where a number of pharmacies within a group are audited
- Presentations on findings to interested parties, for example the superintendent pharmacist or pharmacy board members
PharmaConsult provides advice and compiles reports on a diverse range of topics including pharmacy practice, medicines, medicine and pharmacy legislation and pharmacy and healthcare regulation. Advice is tailored to clients’ needs and associated reports are prepared as required.
Compliance Advice Subscription Service:
Annual membership includes:
- Four half hour consultations, during which advice and information is provided via a combination of phone, video consult and/or email on topics and at a time suitable to the subscriber
- Subscribers have access to the advisory service within a maximum of two working days
- Modifications to this service are available on request, for example additional advisory calls
- Subscription clients can avail of our other services at competitive rates
This service can be booked via our website store.
PharmaConsult’s PSI Pharmacy Assessment System services enable supervising and superintendent pharmacists, and pharmacy owners, understand and optimise use of the system, optimise patient safety, ensure compliance and minimise the frequency of future PSI inspections.
- Review of your Pharmacy Assessment System
- Verbal and/or written advice on how to effectively complete the system’s review and action plan sections
- Advice on how to use the system as a quality improvement tool and to reduce the frequency of future inspections
- Advice and/ or assistance with implementing the actions required
- Reports detailing findings and recommendations
- Training on effectively utilising the system as a quality improvement tool
Further detail on the PSI’s Pharmacy Assessment System is available here.